Academic year and enrolment
The academic year of the University of Applied Sciences starts on 1 August and ends on 31 July. The autumn semester starts on 1 August and ends on 31 December, and the spring semester starts on 1 January and ends on 31 July. Teaching is delivered in the periods of time determined by the University of Applied Sciences. The teaching is organised in such a way that it allows students to complete studies in an adequate order and efficiently. The President of the University of Applied Sciences confirms the teaching periods and the gradu-ation days for each academic year.
In October and February, students have one week of independent study, during which studies requiring attendance are not offered. There is also a two-week break in contact teaching at Christmas.
The fixed period model will be observed at SeAMK as follows:
- The first period of the academic year starts on Monday in week 35.
- The second period of the academic year end on 31 December.
- The fourth period end at the end of week 22.
- The summer period is in weeks 23 to 34.
Annual periods and more detailed common dates are confirmed by the end of the autumn semester of the previous academic year.
Information about the studies of the Summer School and other summertime course supply is always provided at the website of SeAMK during the previous spring semester.
Right to study and enrolment, degree education
Persons that have been selected as degree students and have accepted the place must enrol in the university of applied sciences at the beginning of every semester as attending or non-attending students. Students must enrol for the entire academic year during the time period set by the university of applied sciences. Students may change their attendance data during the enrolment period on Peppi.
Students must enrol for the entire academic year during the time period set by the university of applied sciences. Students may change their attendance data during the enrolment period on Peppi.
The annual enrolment periods at SeAMK are as follows:
- Students must enrol for the entire academic year (1 August – 31 July) The enrol-ment period is 1 March – 31 May All students enrol on Peppi, except for students liable for tuition fees who enrol using an e-form.
- Enrolment period for the spring semester, or for making changes to the attendance data for the spring semester, is 11 November – 31 December.
- Students studying on a discretionary extension may not enrol as non-attending students.
Further information about registration, study entitlement and practice related to non-attendance can be obtained on the Intranet of SeAMK or at firstname.lastname@example.org.