Language and communication studies at Seinäjoki UAS
The aim of the language and communications studies at Seinäjoki UAS is to:
- provide students with solid skills in their mother tongue and at least English and Swedish.
- ensure students' language skills fulfil the needs of the working world.
- provide students with an understanding of various cultures and the knowledge they need to work in multicultural environments.
- motivate students to constantly develop their language and communication skills.
The aim of the language and communications studies at Seinäjoki UAS is to develop students’ communication skills and support their studies as well as to help them in coping with situations where expertise is needed and with the challenges posed by the globalising working world.
Students at Seinäjoki UAS may study English, Swedish, German, French, Spanish, Russian, as well as Finnish language and culture and Finnish as a second language.
All the students enrolled at the university may attend the optional language courses. See Free-elective studies for the course information. While on a mobility period, students can also utilize the language course supply of the receiving institution.
There are also online language courses available. Information pertaining to these courses is available under the descriptions of the language courses.
At the Seinäjoki Adult Education Centre, the students have the option to study languages, which are not offered by SeAMK. Students pay the course fees of the Adult Education Centre themselves.
Seinäjoki UAS Language Services
The purpose of the Language Services at Seinäjoki UAS is to
- create opportunities for high-quality language teaching and a wide range of languages from which students may choose.
- assist the UAS staff in issues relating to translations and language consulting>
- promote the connections between the UAS and the working world.
We serve students and staff by offering:
- information about the languages offered at Seinäjoki UAS.
- language studies as needed, e.g. rarely taught languages.
- Finnish instruction for foreign students.
- Preparatory Swedish and English courses to support the compulsory language courses.
School of Business and Culture
Frami F, Kampusranta 11
Language Team Leader, German lecturer
Tel: +358 (0)40 830 4129
Principal Language Lecturer
Tel: +358 (0)40 830 4175